observación de aves en
sierra morena: sierra de andújar
Español / Inglés
07:30 h. - 19:30 h.
(dependiendo de la época de realización de la actividad.) Consultar
TIPO DE ACTIVIDAD
Observación de fauna salvaje
Recomendable de septiembre a junio
The activity includes a guided tour in a 4x4 car with the aim of spotting as many birds as possible in Sierra Morena, mainly in the Sierra de Andújar Natural Park and its surroundings, y con acceso a una finca privada.
This protected natural area currently shelters a significant number of species, among which are some endemic to the Iberian Peninsula, such as the Iberian Imperial Eagle, the Iberian Green Woodpecker or the Iberian Magpie, which have in this area one of their largest refuges worldwide.
Crossing vast holm oak and cork oak pastures, we will be able to enjoy observing the flight of numerous predatory birds, especially Griffon and Black Vultures, the latter with a healthy population that revolves around the 82 breeding pairs in the area, one of the five existing colonies of the species in Andalusia. Today we can enjoy this population thanks to the great conservation efforts that have been carried out over the last twenty years, focused on palliate or avoid the damage suffered by the use of poisoned baits, electrocution in electric lines or human hunting.
Depending on the time of the year, we will be able to observe other species such as the restless Dartford warbler, the Woodchat shrike or the Great spotted cuckoo, which is more closely linked to livestock areas as it uses them as a breeding ground.
Other abundant birds in the area are the European owl, the Eurasian Hoopoe, the Eurasian golden oriole or the Hawfinch, in addition to other species linked to rocky environments such as the Blue rock thrush, the Red-billed chough or the Black Stork.
During the route, we will understand the landscape and we will set observation points with optical material (binoculars and telescope).
Our guides will help you to recognize the observed species, offering you different guidelines, as well as to detect and identify them by their song. In addition, a bird guide will be at your disposal so that you can check each species, and a birdlist so that you can mark the species we are observing.
- Guía local experto/a.
- Vehículo 4x4.
- Material óptico (prismáticos y telescopio de alta gama).
- Desayuno campero y almuerzo de productos locales.
- Recogida en tu alojamiento (consultar).
- Seguro de Responsabilidad Civil y autorizaciones.
- Bibliografía de consulta.
- Observations are made from a wide distance so as not to change the natural behavior of the species, always guided by biological and ethological experts.
- It is strictly forbidden to use sound claims to attract wildlife at any time.
- Nature is unpredictable and wild, so we are not responsible for the weather or other external factors that could affect the behavior of wildlife.
- We recommend you a time period depending on the species:
To see resident birds: from September to June.
To see summer birds: from April to September.
To see wintering birds: from November to February.
To see migratory birds: August to September, March to April.
- Approximate duration: 10 hours (full day).