route iberian lynx + extra virgin olive oil tasting in an oil mill
Spanish imperial eagle (R), Golden eagle (R), Black vulture (R), Black stork (E), Griffon vulture (R), Azure winged magpie (R), Iberian green woodpecker (R), Great spotted woodpcker (R), Common buzzard (R), Sparrohawk (R), Goshawk (R), Common kestrel (R), Blue rock thrush (R), Thekla lark (R), Hawfinch (R), Spotless starling (R), Booted eagle (S), Short toed snake eagle (S), Bee eater (S), Great spotted cuckoo (S), Subalpine warbler (S), Dartford warbler (R), Caffer swift (S), Egyptian vulture (P), Osprey (P), Red billed chough (R), Iberian lynx (R), Red deer (R), Fallow deer (R), Mouflon (R), Spanish ibex (R).
R = Resident; S = Summer; W = Wintering; P = Migration
SPAIN - ANDALUSIA - JAÉN
Sierra de Andújar Natural Park
Cuencas del Rumblar, Guadalén y Guadalmena SAC
In this activity we propose you to carry out an interpretive route carried out by expert local guides, with extensive knowledge of the territory, in which our objective will be to get to know the territory of the Iberian lynx, observe the landscapes, their fauna and flora, and subsequently, make a visit to a tourist oil mill, where we will learn all the secrets of the olive grove and the production of olive oil.
In addition, we will carry out a tasting accompanied by an expert monitor from the mill itself.
We started the activity by taking a 4x4 vehicle tour to learn about the Iberian lynx's habitat, its ecology, its behavior, the conservation actions that have been carried out for its recovery, and we will make short waits with optical material to try to observe it in public areas. of the Sierra de Andújar Natural Park and the Rumblar, Guadalén and Guadalmena Basins Special Conservation Zone. In addition, we will look for traces, footprints and signs that indicate their presence.
We will move quietly through the best lynx territories in our 4x4 vehicle, enjoying the scenery and the tranquility that one of the least inhabited places on the Iberian Peninsula offers. Depending on the time of year, some species or others may be observed.
Later, we will head towards the oil mill to proceed with the guided tour of the interior and carry out the tasting.
In the afternoon, we will go to a private farm to wait for the Iberian Lynx observation.
Of course, observing without filling your stomach is complicated, which is why we include a country breakfast with coffee and a picnic lunch of local products to taste in the field.
From 08:00 h. at 8:00 p.m. The schedule is approximate and will depend on the sunrise-sunset time, weather, etc. Consult.
- Pick up from your accommodation: free (consult).
- 4x4 vehicles.
- Expert local guide.
- Civil Liability Insurance and authorizations.
- Reference bibliography.
- Optical material (binoculars and high range telescope).
- Local products breakfast and lunch.
- Visit to mill + Olive oil tasting.
- Approximate duration: 12 hours.
- It is done every day of the year.
- Recommended time: October to December, to coincide with the olive harvest, but it can be done all year round.
- The tour is done alternating public and private areas.
- Nature is capricious and indomitable, so we are not responsible for the weather or other external factors that could alter the habitual behavior of wildlife.
- The EVOO tasting activity is subject to availability, so it is necessary to book in advance.