We suggest you a trip in 4x4 car, guided by local experts with a great knowledgement of the territory, with the aim of having a sight of the most world's endangered feline, of which some more of 800 copies remain in the world: the Iberian lynx.
We will know its habitat, its ecology, its behavior, the conservation actions that have been carried out for its recovery and we will make waits to try to observe it in private property. Sierra de Andújar is the largest population nucleus of the species, being one of the best places for its sighting. We will look for traces, footprints and signs that indicate their presence.
We start the day at dawn in order to locate the different species that this corner of Sierra Morena offers us. For this, you can choose to combine public areas with private areas, or carry out all the activity inside the private farm.
The itinerary can be adapted to the different species that the visitor wishes to observe, although in general, we begin by visiting the Sierra de Andújar Natural Park to discover the world of Eurasian otters, the Spanish imperial eagle or the Black and Griffon vultures, which rise up in mid-morning by taking advantage on thermal lift.
Later, we will calmly move through the best lynx territories, which are also for different mammals such a Red deer, Fallow deer, Mouflon or Wild boar.
Dehesas of holm oaks, cork oaks, wild pear trees, heathers, rock roses, strawberry tree scrubs, mastic trees, or different aromatic plants typical of the Mediterranean forest, between an infinite labyrinth of granite "bowls" will open the way to a private farm where we will have total exclusivity to realize waits trying the observation of the Iberian Lynx (small groups).
Of course, observing without filling the stomach is complicated, so we include a picnic of local and organic products (coffee included) to taste in the field. Do not worry, while we enjoy the picnic, the guides are completely alert to any movement that may arise;)
It's complicated to describe it in words, are you coming?
- In Birds & Lynx Ecotourism we strictly comply with ethical behavior at the field level for the observation of threatened fauna, and fauna in general. We do not use baits, decoys, or attractants of any kind. The specimens that can be observed live completely free, so the observation is never guaranteed 100%, although our results indicate that there is a high probability.
- The observations are made from a sufficient distance so as not to alter the behavior of the species, always guided by experts in their biology and ethology.
- Nature is capricious and indomitable, so we are not responsible for the weather or other external factors that could alter the habitual behavior of wildlife.
- Available every day of the year.
- Approximate duration: full-time 12 hours / half-day 6 hours.