tour iberian lynx in SIERRA MORENA, JAÉN
Spanish imperial eagle (R), Golden eagle (R), Black vulture (R), Black stork (S), Griffon vulture (R), Azure winged magpie (R), Iberian green woodpecker (R), Great spotted woodpecker (R), Common buzzard (R), Sparrohawk (R), Goshawk (R), Common kestrel (R), Blue rock thrush (R), Thekla lark (R), Hawfinch (R), Spotless starling (R), Booted eagle (S), Short-toed snake eagle (S), Bee-eater (S), Great spotted cuckoo (S), Subalpine warbler (E), Dartford warbler (R), Caffer swift (S), Egyptian vulture (P), Osprey (P), Red-billed chough (R), Iberian lynx (R), Red deer (R), Fallow deer (R), Mouflon (R), Spanish ibex (R), Egyptian mongoose (R), Genet (R), Stone marten (R), Red fox (R), Garden dormouse (R), Wild cat (R), Iberian painted frog (R), Salamander sub. morenica (R), Natterjack toad (R), Perez's frog (R), Iberian spadefoot toad (R), Iberian midwife toad (R), Mediterranean tree frog (R), Southern smooth snake (R), Horseshoe whip snake (R), Snub nosed viper (R), Ringe grassnake (R), Viperine snake (R), Montpellier snake (R), Vanessa atalanta (P), Vanessa cardui (P), Charaxes jasius (R), Gonepteryx rhamni (R), Gonepteryx cleopatra (R), Pararge aegeria (R),
R = Resident; S = Summer; W = Winter; P = Migration
SPAIN - ANDALUSIA - JAÉN
Sierra de Andújar Natural Park
Cuencas del Rumblar, Guadalén y Guadalmena SAC
We propose a route guided by local experts with great knowledge of the territory for 3 days, through the Sierra de Andújar Natural Park and the Guarrizas River Valley, in Jaén.
The objective is to spot the most threatened of cats, of which there are only slightly more than 800 specimens worldwide: the Iberian lynx.
We will visit the domains and territories of the king of the Mediterranean forest with specialized guides for 3 full days, with access to two private farms, with total exclusivity for the observation of Iberian lynx.
With a large area of Mediterranean forest, Sierra Morena and the Guarrizas River Valley are two of the best preserved natural sanctuaries in Europe. In fact, it is said that our land is by far the best wild place in Spain, with an almost complete ecological system that includes large birds of prey, mammals, scavengers and large predators, including the Spanish Imperial Eagle, the Black Vulture and the Iberian Lynx. .
We will know its habitat, its ecology, its behavior, the conservation actions that have been carried out for its recovery and we will make waits to try to observe it, alternating public areas and private farms. We will look for traces, footprints and signs that indicate their presence.
A complete tour by two different ecosystems, protected natural areas that currently have 50% of the world population of lynx.
Taking a 3-day tour allows you to increase the possibilities of observation and photography.
3 days from
08:00 h. at 8:00 p.m.
The schedule is approximate and will depend on the sunrise-sunset time, weather, etc. (Ask us)
- Transfer hotel - airport: Malaga, Madrid or Seville (consult).
- Pick up from your accommodation: free (consult).
During the 3 days:
- 4x4 vehicles.
- Expert local guide.
- Access to private farms.
- Civil Liability Insurance and authorizations.
- Reference bibliography.
- Optical material (binoculars and high range telescope).
- Breakfast and picnic lunch of local products.
- In Birds & Lynx Ecotourism we strictly comply with ethical behavior at the field level for the observation of threatened fauna, and fauna in general. We do not use baits, decoys, or attractants of any kind. The specimens that can be observed live completely free, so the observation is never guaranteed 100%, although our results indicate that there is a high probability.
- The observations are made from a sufficient distance so as not to alter the behavior of the species, always guided by experts in their biology and ethology.
- Nature is capricious and indomitable, so we are not responsible for the weather or other external factors that could alter the habitual behavior of wildlife.
- Available every day of the year. Recommended time: September to June. - Approximate duration of the tour: 36 hours.
- It does not include accommodation, but we can help you with the booking.