Birdwatching route in sierra morena: despeñaperros
6 - 10 horas
(media jornada o
Español / Inglés
07:30 h. - 13:30 h.
o 07:30 - 19:30
(dependiendo de la época de realización de la actividad.) Consultar
TIPO DE ACTIVIDAD
Observación de fauna salvaje
Recomendable de septiembre a junio
The activity consists of a guided 4x4 vehicle route with the aim of sighting as many birds as possible from Sierra Morena, mainly in the Despeñaperros Natural Park and its surroundings.
This protected natural space is located in the north of the province of Jaén, in the natural passage between the Iberian plateau and Andalusia, bearing great geological and natural value that endow it with great scenic beauty, and also constitutes a strategic refuge for species such as the Spanish imperial eagle, the Bonelli's eagle or the Golden eagle.
Its cuts of armorican quartzite, slates and schists, allow the settlement of species such as the Peregrine Falcon, and can also find one of the main colonies of Griffon Vulture in the province of Jaén, which we will visit during the activity.
The great diversity of natural plant formations, mainly of Quercus faginea and Quercus pyrenaica, Quercus rotundifolia and Quercus suber, maples or chestnuts, accompanied by junipers, strawberry trees and rockrose, contrast with the repopulation of conifers, and give this space an incalculable natural value,
Depending on the time of year, we can observe other species such as the Black Stork, the Black-eared wheatear or the migratory passage of a large number of species, such as the Black Kite or the Honez buzzard.
During the tour, we will interpret the landscape and establish observation points with optical material (binoculars and telescope).
Our guides will help you recognize the observed species by offering you a series of guidelines, as well as detecting and identifying them by their song. In addition, you will have a bird guide available so that you can consult each species, and a "birdlist" so that you can mark the species that we are observing.
- Guía local experto/a.
- Vehículo 4x4.
- Material óptico (prismáticos y telescopio de alta gama).
- Desayuno campero (media jornada) / Desayuno campero y almuerzo de productos locales (jornada completa).
- Recogida en tu alojamiento (consultar).
- Seguro de Responsabilidad Civil y autorizaciones.
- Bibliografía de consulta.
- Observations are made from a sufficient distance so as not to alter the behavior of the species, always guided by experts in their biology and ethology.
- Nature is capricious and indomitable, so we are not responsible for the weather or other external factors that could alter the habitual behavior of wild fauna.
- Recommended time:
To see resident birds: from September to June.
To see summer birds: from April to September.
To see wintering birds: from November to February.
To see birds in migratory passage: from August to September, from March to April.
- Approximate duration: 6 hours (half a day) or 10 hours (full day).
- The activity is carried out in areas of public use.